Sunday, September 03, 2006

Heaven's Door: Mon 07 Aug 2006

Well it was a Monday night, and we were headed for a LIVE HOUSE at a place called Heaven's door. Why at 7pm on a Monday night? Beats me. But it sure suits my schedule. After all, with a curfew at 12am, my life as Cinderella sure limits my late nights out. Anyway, LIVE HOUSE is when newbie bands get together and perform on a stage. I guess you could call it an 'open-mic' night. But its catered to specific genres and the bands have to bring in the customers by selling tickets. We got to know about this through Ryoko (daughter of akiko. ming's yoga friend in KL). Ryoko is such a sweet girl, and was dating the lead singer from one of the bands. The music was mainly punk and hard rock. It was really underground. Both in terms of the music style and the place they performed. Heaven's door was 50-60 steps below street level. Most of the kids there were really kids (from 16-25yrs). I felt a bit old. he he... They were also mainly international school kids, so Theresa and I did not stick out too much!

For more pictures: Click on the link 'Heaven's Door' under links on the right column

No comments: