Sunday, September 03, 2006

Hanabi Flower of Fire: Tue 01 Aug 2006

We went to see the Hanabi Fireworks. Hanabi literally means Flowerfire in Japanese. The end of July and early September is the time for Hanabi. The bigger towns usually have the Hanabi. It usually lasts for 1 and 1/2 hours, with about 10,000 fireworks shot into the sky. It was really beautiful, but towards the end of the night, my neck was aching like crazy. I went with Teresa, her host family and Shu-hey, a pen pal I made from World Friends before I left for Japan. There were soo many people, sitting by the riverbank. Our Hanabi was not so famous, but this particular one in Minami Sunamachi happens only once every 24 years. So I was lucky to see this. Anyway, enjoy the pictures. It might be a bit lengthy. I think I went overboard, taking all those shots!

For more pictures: Click on the link 'Hanabi' under links on the right column

No comments: