Saturday, September 23, 2006

China in Yokohama: 10 Sept 2006

This man was a real blast from the past, I just dont know whether he was Chinese or Japanese!
Yokohama is Japan's 2nd largest city. The crowd puller is its Chinatown and the seaside development Minato Mirai 21. This time however, Theresa and I just concentrated on Chinatown. Even that was enough for the day. I really felt like I was propelled to China, however this was one of the cleanest Chinatown I've ever been too. And of course, the people were all speaking Japanese. I couldn't hear a bit of Mandarin/ Cantonese at all! There are tons of little shops, and restaurants selling Chinese food. I even got myself a prawn pau. I would have gotten the red bean one, but I misunderstood it for an Apricot pau! Apart from the food and the chinese temples, the highlight of my day was buying 4 novels (in good condition) for just ¥50 each. All together it was RM6! Yokohama, is a place I will definitely return to for a 2nd visit.

For more pictures: Click on the link 'Yokohama' under links on the right column

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK aby - is this why you went to Japan "pretending" to study?? WHen actually you went to be w your new (old) man??? hehehe