Monday, September 04, 2006

Gelman@GGG: Thu 24 Aug 2006

Since I have been craving for design these last few weeks, I have been stalking the internet for various talks or exhibitions I could go to. Tokyo, known as the 'big mikan/mandarin' like its sister city, NYC has much to offer in terms of design. So I found myself after school one day, at the Ginza Graphic Gallery listening to Alexander Gelman speak (thankfully in English!). So who is this Alexander Gelman, I wondered?To quote the Museum of Modern Art in New York: Gelman is amongst the “world’s most influential modern and contemporary artists in all media.” Hmm.. I was intrigued. The talk ended up good. I managed to ask him a few questions and even got an autograph on his book. You can check out his work at: http://www.designmachine.net/

No comments: