Monday, July 24, 2006

The Yamadas and Seaworld: Sun 23 July 2006


Papa whale in the pool


Today, I went to visit the Yamadas. They are my guardian here in Tokyo. Currently, they live in Kisarazu, sort of far out from Tokyo. Mr. Yamada is an MD at a golf club there and his house at Kajigaya (5 mins from my dorm) is under renovation. They'll be moving back in September. I started of the morning from home with 2 train changes to the bus terminal at Shinagawa. The bus ride took me through an underwater tunnel through Tokyo Bay. The whole trip from home to Kisarazu took 1 hour 40 mins. Lunch was at the golf club. Very peaceful. Lots of trees and hills. Most of the club members commute from Tokyo or Yokohama. After lunch, we decided to take a drive to the coast. Kisarazu is on a peninsula. Spontaneously, Akiko and I drove to Seaworld in Komagawa. It was nice to see the killer whales, dolphins and the beluga whales. Kisarazu is very quiet and peaceful. Most of the people there are rice farmers. I had heaps of fun with Akiko. By the end of the trip though my brain was getting all slow and mushy digesting the Japanese words I was being fed by Akiko. I underestimated how tired I can get just translating languages back and forth in my brain. It seems to explain why I have been getting tired and sleepy very early at night. Akiko reckons its coz I live alone, so I get bored quick,which probably leads to my sleepiness...

For more pictures: Click on the link 'Kisarazu+Seaworld' under links on the right column

2 comments:

little miss muffet said...

hi aby, you must be loving it being around all things japanese! am so glad you're going to many places and seeing many things. i'm still waiting for your dorm photos though... do send or upload!

little miss muffet said...

oh ya, by the way, this is Kak E...hehe